About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 22 December 2012

Black & white & Simple

Good Morning All
I hope you are all ready for the big one by now, I have not bought any extra food as we go for a walk on the beach with friends and their 3 dogs, then we find a bar that is open and serves food.  Last year it was great, weather was very warm and people were in the sea swimming, it was lovely and makes for a stress free Christmas.  But I do miss my family, but this year my younger son has Hollie who will take over his Christmases from now on, and my older son is going on a mini holiday, which I am glad of as it will take his mind away a little from his son who passed away.

Anyway, onto happier things like card making
I received this heart from a friend on Docrafts and decided to make it the focus of my card.  Glued it onto a black base card and added afew quilled flowers, s simple sentiment and a diamond swirl from Zva Creatives - simples.
I would like to wish all my followers, old and new, a Merry Christmas and a Happy and productive New Year.
xxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ----
Allsorts # 176/7 - Black and White
Paper Shelter # 93 - Anything Goes
Delightful Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Carmakers # 81- Time in a Bottle


14 comments:

La Vikinga said...

Hola Spanish Crafter; thanks again for nice comments on our DT-work on Crafty Ribbons Blog!

I love the card with this heart - must see if I can get this one for myself, it's amazing on black...

La Vikinga from Sweden

Doreen said...

This is just Gorgeous.
Wishing you and your family Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year.xxx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Wendy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Thank you for being such a kind blogging friend

Sue

sue said...

very elegant card wendy,sounds like a lovely way to spend christmas day.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you & your family.
sue xx

pam said...

hi Wendy, beautiful card, merry Christmas & a wonderful new year to you and yours..pam

brenda said...

Beautiful and elegant Wendy.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

B x

Linda said...

Hi Wendy,

Nice blog you have! With lovely creations! I like the envelopes you make ;)
Im 1 of your new collegues from the FFblog visiting you to see who you are and what you love to make!
Enjoy your holidays! Will you celebrate christmas in the UK with the familie you miss or will you stay in Spain?
Hope to hear from you!
X Linda

Gibmiss said...

Hello Wendy
Gorgeous card .....Stunning Design....
We will be going to Torremolios...for Xmas ...so i don`t need to buy Xmas food either ...just a few naughties to take with us ...should be warm for us as well....Happy Christmas Wendy ...
Luv Sylvie xx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Very elegant.




--Cheryl--

Josephine said...

Beautifully elegant!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Mynn xx said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandson. That must have been very hard for you and your family. This is a beautiful tribute to him! Gorgeous elements! Thank you for joining us at CCM! :)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card love the use of the heart too

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this Christmas

Emma xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Just fabulous and very elegant love that heart! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge, Happy New Year hugs Susan x

Kim x said...

I hope that you had a stressfree Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Thank you for entering the challenge at Crafty Cardmakers
hugs Kimx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels