About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Making Poinsettia Flower


Good Morning All
When I went to the craft class on Thursday and posted on here the flowers we had made, I was asked by afew people to show how they were made, so here goes.  HERE is the original post.

I used a LeCrea Multi Die 45.8961 Poinsettia, Olly used a Marianne die but I think you will get the same effect whichever one you use.

  Once you have cut them out from good weight card.  I used at least a 270g one.  You can use as many pieces of the flower as you wish, I used 2 green and 3 red.  Spritz well with water  and leave to soak in.

 This is the hard bit to explain --  Fold one petal over a wide tool or pencil, I used a glitter glue pen, hold the leaf over it with thumb and forefinger   (you have to sort of prop the pen against your tummy so that you can use both hands)   and the other hand put thumb and forefinger on edges of leaf and squish together so that it creases up, length ways, from centre to tip.


You have to press against the pen but push the edges together at the same time.


This is when, if you have used a card that is too thin, it may tear, but it does not matter if they tear abit, flowers are not perfect!!!


Leave to dry.  Mine dried very quickly as I had the fan on.  This is how they look when dried.



Please excuse the state of my embossing mat, it is covered with bits of glue as I use it all the time for flower making.






Then you need a large ball tool and an embossing mat or a mouse pad.  On the reverse of each petal, in small circular movement, rub over all the petal, do this on all petals on each flower, this breaks down the fibres in the card.



Then turn to right side facing up and rub in the centre so the petals start to curl up.




The one on the left has not been rubbed, you can see the difference to the one on the right which has.











Then proceed to glue together,
  off setting each petal to the one underneath.


 You dont want them directly on top of each other.




 Each die set will have different centres,
 I rubbed mine with ball tool to make it curl, stuck in centre and added gold Stickles.











Olly let us take any spare pieces of flowers so I took these Tim Holtz Tattered Florals.  These have been spritzed and squished  and below shows the flower I made with them.

I hope you can follow this OK, it is very difficult trying to show it on photos.  I had had a look on Youtube too to see if this technique is on there but I couldn't find one.
Tomorrow I will post some cards that I have made with the flowers from the class.

xxxxx
Wendy L






.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Wendy and I'd never have thought of spraying them with water so thanks.

Love Val x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous tutorial Ginny x

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the 'squishing' technique, thanks for all the pics, they were clear to me.

Sue said...

WOW!! Such a fabulous tutorial and your finished flowers look gorgeous. I really love the crinkle effect on the petals
Sue xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Great tutorial. Thanks so much. I have the Maryanne poinsettia dies and will give this a try as you seem to get more texture this way.
Love the last flower too.
Ang x

Patricia said...

Great instructions Wendy,
That`s the way I do my flowers.
I like to create movement and texture in my flowers and leaves.
Lots of people will be creating beautiful flowers after this Tutorial.
Hugs
Patricia xx

pam said...

great flowers Wendy, thanks for the tutorial.
pam

Rossella said...

Thanks for the step by step, I look forward to seeing your finished projects with them
Rosie x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your flowers are beautiful Wendy thank you for the very clear tutorial xx

Jennifer said...

~Thanks for the tutorial Wendy, I have saved this for later. Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

marjorie.tyldesley@outlook.com said...

What a brilliant flower, never though of wetting it so much, but don't they turn out well. Will be trying it this way in future.
I know this is a bit late from when you posted it but I have only just found your blog through John Next Doors blog.
Glad your life in Spain is great. My husband and I lived there in Albir for 9 1/2 years, back here for 5 years no,carry on enjoying. xx

Wendy L said...

Thank you Margaret. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels