About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas


Good Morning All

I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope you all have a wonderful festive season.





It is a hinged style card with an acetate window.

There is a Dufex decoupage butterfly image behind the window.



The flowers are Cheery Lynn Roses dies cut from shades of yellow card
and
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms cut from the pages of an old book and inked on the edges.


The green leaf is from a pack of die cuts I bought on Ebay.






This shows the inside, I stuck the borders from the decoupage pack onto the inside folds.




And, finally, a satin ribbon tied into a bow and stuck down with heart shaped pearl.

CHALLENGES ---
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew # 52 - Anything Goes
 




                                                                         *************************
We walked down to the village square last night to view the Nativity Scene they put up each year.  It is a working scene about 8ft x 8ft and is lit inside, by this I mean the fires are lights and the water wheel goes round and the shepherd  moves his spade etc etc.



It is all behind mesh to protect it.





They have done away with alot of the lights through the village this year because of cut backs, but I'm so glad they have kept the Nativity Scene.

In the square where this is, they have the New Year Celebrations at midnight on 31st.  There is a Spanish tradition of 12 grapes. ------

When it is midnight in Spain on New Years Eve, each time the clock chimes, all the people put a grape in their mouth. By the time the clock has finished chiming for the twelfth time, everybody has to have finished their grapes and the New Year starts. 

Eating the grapes is very funny because everybody starts the New Year with a full mouthful of grapes. It's almost impossible to finish eating the grapes by the time the clock finishes chiming and quite often people still have all the grapes in their mouths, and they start looking at each other and have to laugh. 
If you manage to eat the 12 grapes then you will have 12 months good luck.

xxxxx
Wendy L

15 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Wendy. I loved reading the traditional ways the people celebrate. The nativity scene looks quite spectacular too. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Crafty New Year. Hugs Rita xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Love the card as its a reminder that summer is now on the way again (ever the optimist me) Beautiful Nativity scene too.
I think the trick on NYE would be to make sure you get the smallest grapes!
Have a great day.
Ang x

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh wow what a super little card wendy ... and thank you for posting the nativity scenes too ... so sorry I have not visited you for a while ... am having big problems with my poor lovely mum ... so not been blogging lately ... hope you have a wonderful christmas ... lots of christmas hugs from Sandy xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Wendy. I love the fresh colours and gorgeous flowers.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Sue xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Wendy. Wishing you and your Family a very Happy Christmas Ginny♥

brenda said...

Pretty card Wendy.

That Nativity scene is lovely and interesting to read the New Year tradition in Spain, you learn something new every day.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and my thanks for your friendship and inspiration in 2013.

B x

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. I love your card. It is gorgeous, so pretty. The Nativity scene must look wonderful at night. Thanks for telling us about the spanish NYE grape tradition. Sounds like fun and it's always interesting to learn about other countries ways. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Take care.

Hazel said...

Lovely card Wendy, I love the little village scene too. Nice to hear that trations are still kept. Have a wonderful Christmas. Hazel xx

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas Wendy, I wish you and your family a truly happy day and may all your wishes and dreams come true. Love always. Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

Mau xx said...

Thanks for sharing Wendy, All beautiful pics, and if nothing else is kept I am glad the Nativity is kept too.
Every Good thing is wished for you in 2014 xxxxxxxxx
Enjoy Christmas xxx
Hugs Mau xx

Sharon Noble said...

So pretty Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the hearts third challenge good luck best wishes from Sharon DT member see you next time xxx

Unknown said...

Super cute. Amazing job. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

Hristovica said...

A lovely spring card. Thank you for participating in the Creative Card Crew challenge. Adriana DT

Debbie Adams said...

Very pretty card. I really like the nativity scene, shared it with my husband cause we really like stuff like that so nice to see during the Christmas Season.
Thank you
Deborah

Aluna said...

A very interesting card. I like hand-made flowers. Thank you for participating in the Creative Card Crew challenge. Joanna DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels