About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 3 May 2014

Butterflies

Good Morning All
Allsorts Challenge this week is 'Butterflies' so that is a great theme and I,m sure there will be lots of entries. 
As you know I adore butterflies on my creations so here goes.
This is the second card I made for this one because we were given some gorgeous new images from Nicecrane and this is one of them and I love it.





I kept it nice and bright to match the butterflies.
Homemade sentiment attached with a button, leaf embellishment from Hobbycutz.  The large white flower I made using the technique on the  tutorial at the top of my blog HERE and that's what the easel props behind.
**************
CHALLENGES
A Little Bit Crafty - Flowers

Die Cut Divas - Use at least 1 embellishment



For this one I used this beautiful kingfisher  image from one of the sponsors 'Nicecrane'.  I have only ever seen one once in my life and it was a gorgeous summers day walking by the river.  So when I saw this image it reminded me of summer and therefore, butterflies.  I used oranges, yellows and pinks.  All the butterflies are cut with Marianne dies and the backing paper was free in a magazine.

I used another Marianne die to cut this for the inside and put another butterfly in there too. 

Sponsors this week are ---Nicecrane and Digistamp Boutique

xxxxx
Wendy L

15 comments:

Val Jones said...

Hi Wendy. Both cards equally beautiful. Lovely butterflies. Lovely colours.
Love Val x

JJ said...

Hi Wendy,

Both gorgeous cards, I love Butterflies and Kingfishers so both fab for me, love the colours you have chosen and all the embellishments added.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful images Ginny x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful images Ginny x

Unknown said...

I am a butterfly fanatic so these cards are right up my alley... I love the homemade sentiment on the first card held with a button, Your second card is just gorgeous!!!! Love them both , have a great day my friend, hugs

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Wendy. I love the images and your detailing is so pretty.
Sue xx

Analia Cristina said...

Hi Wendy,very beautiful your cards!The colours are fantastics and the butterfly lovelys!

Tracy said...

Hi Wendy
These are gorgeous creations for my butterfly challenge, and I love the designs.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love both your cards they are stunning, Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend, Love Hazel xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Both are super. You can't beat a bit of butterfly action on a card.
Ang x

Mervi said...

Two fabulous and lovely cards;-))m

Sue said...

Hello again Wendy, just popping back to say thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
Sue xx

Arlene said...

I love butterflies too. Wonderful butterflies fluttering all around.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels