About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Date Book

Good Morning All

I wanted to show you this tiny Date Book I made.
It came about because I was using a cereal box to make a Family Scrap Book following a tutorial of Dawns Inspirations  on You Tube HERE
This is a link to just one of her tutorials, she has loads on there and they are great.
Anyway, my cereal box was quite a large one and I cut it down to 8.5" high  there was this piece left of about 3" square. 
I couldn,t throw it so I made a mini date book.





 I made 10 pockets from odd scraps of thin card, and used the inside covers so that I had 1 place for each of the 12 months.

Used a circle punch to cut a lip from sides to make it easier to get each month out.



I used a spreadsheet on my computer to make a line for each months with dates.
Printed it into long strips then I could fold then up to slot into each page in book.


So this can be used to write down birthdays and anniversaries or any special dates to remember.
Those dates what you need to make a card for !!!!

Check out each month in advance then you are prepared.

Quite pleased with how this one turned out.

I will show the family scrap book on a future post, I have made it and inserted all the pages with lots of places for photos.
There are lots of pages so I may only show them when I have completed with photos.
It will all be of the Grandkids.
The inside cover is nearly completed, just need one photo of Noah on his first day with his day, as this is my first page - 
Each grandchild with their Dad on their first day of life.
xxxxx
Wendy L
CHALLENGES
Try It Tuesday - Letters and Numbers

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a fabulous project Ginny x My Blog As I do Rodos

Janice said...

Morning Wendy, what a fab idea!!!! I might have to copy you and make one too xx
Janice
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful book Wendy and a great idea.

love Val x

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Wendy this is a brilliant idea especially how the date book is made from a cereal box. Totally love the blue glittery paper you have used & the ribbon really adds that special touch. I think I might have to add it to my to-do list :) Thank you for leaving your comment over at my blog & I really hope that you will join me with getting some of your un-finished projects (albums) done. We would love for you to share them with us over at Dreamtime Craft Supplies blog. Hope to see you there. Have a fantastic day.

Happy crafting
xx Lisa xx

http://www.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au
http://blog.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au

froebelsternchen said...

FAB! Thank you for joinin us at
TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

Alison59 said...

What a super idea. You are so clever :-)

Patricia said...

Brilliant project Wendy, love it.
Patricia x

JJ said...

Hi Wendy,

Beautiful project, I made one similar not too long ago for Sheena and I put packets of seeds in my pockets.

Love & hUgs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Jacee said...

Wow, what an amazing project Wendy, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lorraine said...

A brilliant project Wendy, love it
Lorraine x

Margik said...

What a fabulous date book! Love the design and the beautiful papers you've chosen. The pockets look fantastic too. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar x

pam said...

Fabulous project Wendy, great idea using a cereal box, love the papers.
Pam x

Nancy Thomas said...

Wendy this is amazing.
Nancy x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, thanks for linking your lovely project to TIOT, Valerie

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Wendy, clever project. I really like it..I have a shop bought version of this, but I like your's better..might have to give it a go. Cx

gail said...

Great project, love it x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Fabulous way to use scraps. The pockets remind me of CD/DVD sleeves so you could use one to store CDs with photos or videos on them too.
Ang x

JanIsHere said...

Hi there from Australia! Ive been looking at some of your beautiful cards to get some inspiration & ideas, originally. I have stopped doing any craft for several years but wanted to make one special card. Wow, I got carried away looking at your gorgeous work! love your blog & your work. Thank you for sharing, I'll be back another day to see what you are up to.
Jan x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels